Finally – Two unique eye drops which stimulate the production of all three tear film layers while supporting the health of the cornea, conjunctiva, and eyelid. Both formulas share five powerful broad spectrum ingredients that relieve symptoms caused from inflammation due to aqueous deficiency, including severe dryness such as with Sjogren’s Syndrome. Additionally, women experience more dry eye symptoms due to hormonal fluctuations so we added the two most commonly prescribed ingredients for these symptoms.
Dry eye is a chronic condition expressed as the body’s inability to produce any of the components of the three film layers or to maintain cell health on the corneal surface. Our strategy is to stimulate and support the body’s tissues, organs, and functions which produce a healthy tear film and maintain corneal health. This should be the primary treatment strategy, and results should be analyzed before considering punctual plugs, artificial tears, or chemical anti-inflammatories. The patient should also take adequate amounts of Omega 3, 6 & 9 essential fatty acids, drink plenty of water, and take good quality nutraceuticals.
- Use every 3 – 4 hours for the first 2 days (front loading)
- Then back off to comfort level
- Increase frequency as needed
- With extreme dry eye symptoms use hourly if needed.
- Reapply at the first sign of returning symptoms.
Indications: Dry Eye. Contraindications: None known. Drug interactions: None known. Size: 15 ml.
- Alumina HPUS 10x: Indicated ocular dryness due to lack of aqueous secretion. “Sjogren’s Syndrome.”
- Arsenicum album HPUS 12x: Indicated for severe dryness due to inflammation and ulceration.
- Nux moschata HPUS 6x: Nux m. is the main remedy indicated for severe aqueous deficiency such as with Sjogren’s Syndrome.
- Zincum met HPUS 10x: Indicated for extreme dryness, inflammation, and burning.
- Euphrasia (Eyebright) HPUS 5x: Eyebright is often referred to as a “tonic for the eyes” and is indicated for inflammation of the conjunctiva, cornea, and lids, including meibomian glands.
Additional Ingredients Specifically for Women:
- Pulsatilla HPUS 8x: Indicated for dry eye associated with hormonal fluctuation, on a monthly basis or pre/post-menopause.
- Sepia HPUS 8x: Indicated for dryness which develops after menopause or hormonal imbalance.
Additional Ingredients in Forté:
- Sulphur HPUS 6x: Indicated for dryness with redness, burning, and itching of the eyes and eyelid margins.
- Nux Vomica HPUS 12x: Indicated for dryness of the eye with burning, watering, and photophobia.
- Total Ocular Function Oral Absorption Spray: Ingestion of nutrients by “Oral Absorption” increases uptake up to 90% vs. 18% for intestinal absorption of pills. This treatment contains the most important and highest quality ingredients to: protect against UV oxidation damage, increase oxygen and nutrient conversion to the aqueous, improve blood flow and provide important ingredients for lens clarity. Especially important for patients with digestive problems or deficiencies such as reduced beneficial bacteria from antibiotics or those having difficulty swallowing pills.
- Directions: Spray three sprays to the back and roof of the mouth three times per day; swish with the tongue as long as possible and swallow.
- Homoeopathic Oral Pellets: The same ingredients as the eye drops, but in oral form and one potency higher. Great for those having difficulty taking eye drops. Can be used in conjunction with the drops to increase effectiveness by applying dual administration routes with multiple potencies.
- Directions: Dissolve under tongue three pellets three times per day.